Here's the thing, I know I work better in a tidy, organized space. I also do better when I tackle a limited number of projects, although that number is pretty high, depending on the type of projects. So why does it always seem to get out of hand?? There must be a life lesson here somewhere! I'm just not getting it, I'm a slow learner it seems.
So I am writing my plan down, and showing shameful ;) pictures (no before and after pictures today. This is live time, lol), in order to get me back on the straight and narrow.....
My UFO List:(Anything started but not touched in more than a couple of months)
- Sampler Quilt
- Hidden Stars Paper Pieced blocks
- Flower Garden Quilt
- Fusion Quilt
- Craftsy BOM 2013
- Sugar Block Club 2013 (blocks are done)
- Block Rock'n (2 more blocks to do)
- Layer Cake Challenge BOM
My WIPs List:
- Sugar Block Club 2014
- Classic Meets Modern BOM
- Aurifil Designer of the Month BOM
- Globe Trotting BOM
- Sew Retro Kitchen Paper Pieced BOM (one more block)
- Scrappy Trip Around the World (Red and White Blocks)
- Diamond Hexie EPP Quilt (this could take years, lol)
- Modern InstaBee Come Together Quilt (one more block and this one goes together)
- Bow Tie Quilt
- Wedding Quilt
- Christmas Quilt
- 3 Quilts to bind
- Table Runner to bind
- Sew Together Bags
- Coaster Sets
RJR What's your Shade Blog Hop- Ready for quilting!!
- Participating in a BOM/Blog Hop starting in October, I'm one of the blogs, should be great fun!!
- Modern InstaBee for the rest of this year! This bee has been a learning experience and a lot of fun!!
- To stay on a new project fast (other than commitments) till my UFO list is 0 and my WIPs is 1 or 2
- To quilt all the tops I have waiting: I think there are 11 if I am counting right and haven't lost any in this mess!
- Learn EQ 7
- Master Long Arm Quilting (Basically, just feel confident!! and not scared, will always be learning)
- Take better pictures
- Stay organized
- Learn something new,
- and share the joy of quilting with someone else!!
Can you see what I mean? This is a lot, and the scary thing is I will probably come across more stuff I missed when I organize and clean, Oh Boy!!
Do you work well in clutter? How do you stay organized? Multiple projects, or one project at a time?
Have a great week everyone!!
What I've Been Up To:Sugar Block Club with Amy Gibson
Sew Retro Kitchen with Kristy
And I made a Passport Wallet featured on SewMamaSew by Frocks and Frolics
I tweaked it a bit: I added an extra row of pockets, the family I was gifting it to has 3 kids. I also lined the zippered pocket so it would be more finished on the inside. I used normal cotton fabric it called for oil cloth that I didn't have. I should have added interfacing. I also added round elastic for the loop instead of making the fabric loop. I think for the next one I will use 1/4" flat elastic and a loop big enough to go around the wallet for more security. Great gift idea!!
And don't forget about the free Block of the Month starting in October. Still lots of time to sign up!!