Sunday, December 7, 2014

#74 Tic Tac Toe Game Board Tutorial

Merry Christmas early!! My last tutorial post was my gift to all of you. I want to say thanks for taking time to come over and see "What I've Been Up To". I hope that you will enjoy the pattern and maybe even make a few. I would sure like to see pictures if you do!!

So last Christmas I was part of a blog hop and designed a Travel Blackboard Mat which features a straight blackboard area and side chalk holder. I have tweaked this pattern to incorporate the Tic Tac Toe board and voila, another pattern is born!!


Title is the link to the PDF file with the written instructions and measurements. The pictures are just for clarity sake. I didn't take time to re-write the whole tutorial again. Hope you enjoy it!!

Assembling the Tic Tac Toe Board:



 


Quilting the backing:
Adding the pockets to side pieces:

 Left side is chalk pocket in sewing position, and right is after it is pressed up:

 Measure for the next chalk holder:
 Second set of Chalk pockets in sewing position:

 Sewing lines to divide pockets for chalk:
 Measure for last pocket:
 Adding the top flap with an 1/8" seam:

Attach the left and right sides to the game board middle section. (Totally forgot to get a picture of this.)
Make your quilt sandwich (backing right side down, batting up, game board section right side up) and stitch the top and backing together with an 1/8" seam.
I also stitched in the ditch around the game area.

 add your label and your 2 elastic loops :



finish sewing the binding down:





A mini with

 (a little disclaimer if you will....these are patterns I have come up with and am sharing for free with all of you, please do not copy and redistribute. Link people to my blog, if you want to share. If you do make any of the patterns, and share via social media, I would love it if you give me credit for the pattern and again link to my blog . I am sure this one goes without saying, please don't take these patterns and  try to sell them, even if you tweak them a bit....that's just not right) Thanks everyone

7 comments:

  1. Too cute! I love it! The fabrics are fun and who doesn't like playing tic tac toe? So creative too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea and you're a sweetie to share it. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so very much for this post. I made my niece's children a chalk cloth table cloth to use on rainy days when they can't play outside. This will be perfect for road trips. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! This would make an awesome gift. Love that it travels well, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE this idea!!! Thank you so much for the tutorial and instructions! I may just have to make these for the nieces and nephews for Christmas this year!!!

    ~ Jess ~
    Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing!!! so fun to make. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.