Tuesday, October 6, 2020

What's on my Sewing Table and a Health Update

If you are interested in my latest health update, click on the tab along the top of the page....

I am way behind on wedding quilts...I put off my son and daughter in laws when I was going through my first cancer treatments and I just couldn't get myself back on track to finish it as a full sized quilt. So it was finished for their little one coming this month (pictured in last post)
So I thought even with everything going on I needed to get a move on and get a quilt made for them...beacuse now my niece got married and I need to make another quilt for them, lol.
I looked up a few options, didn't really have it in me to design one, and this is the fantastic quilt they chose. A beautiful quilt pattern by Krista Moser.


It's hard shopping right now as colours can be off from what they show online...so I had a few mishaps, but overall I think I got enough right for a wonderful version.




This is my version of the gold that runs through out Krista's picture quilt. There is a bit of a metallic in the print.


Totally off topic of crafting or sewing...but if you love humbugs, or have a childhood memory of them, like I do...these are the best! Stilwells Humbugs, made in Quebec, Canada.....so buttery and just the right amount of mint...(no affiliation, just yummyness I am sharing)


I've been organizing my card making area too. I purchased a roll of magnet and some chip board and have been mounting my dies to keep them all together and with the coordinating stamps. It's been a lot of work, but a lot of fun and now I can find everything. I also use an app to organize what products I have called Nest Egg...after purchasing a die twice a few times because I forgot I already owned it I figured I needed to catalogue them. It's working out great.


Now that is a lot of magnet...24" wide with adhesive on the back...it is working out so amazingly! Purchased through a local print shop (Alpha Graphics and Signs) They were so helpful, even to carrying it to my car, because that is a very heavy roll...
 


So I decided on a variety of sizes based on the dies sets and the size of the clear plastic envelopes I was using...and the storage basket they would go in.


I am mostly done except for the Stamptember products I purchased that I am still waiting on....and if you are wondering what Stamptember is...it's an amazing event put on by Simon Says Stamp every September, all month long, that includes collaboration stamps and dies and sets from various companies that are limited amounts and only available during the event. So much fun, so many amazing products this year

Well that's it for now....
Happy Crafting everyone and an early
Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians



2 comments:

  1. your update, I could cry with joy. Your faith, the doctors who have been guided, the ones who didn't listen, ( I have been there with both types with my heart problems) and I rejoice for you and all yours. So hard to miss those wonderful family events, but health takes the priority. XXX from a cold and windy day down here in NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praises God! Excellent news! I'm so happy for you and yours! I will continue to hold you up in prayer. Have fun with your new projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.