Tuesday, May 24, 2016

100 Days My 100 Photos....And Quilting Update

I have been having so much fun with The 100 Day Challenge, in-between two rounds of  a cold that just wouldn't let go....I think I am finally on the mend!
Picking up my much neglected Nikon....has started me dreaming of another lens (maybe a really good wide angle lens for some great landscapes!!)  
But some how that makes me feel like I'm cheating on my fabric stash, lol!

 If you have been following my #100daysmy100photos on Instagram you may remember the tulip picture I shared. I said in the post, I only had one tulip and it wasn't in my garden...thought you might like to see a behind the photo kind of shot, lol!! Yup its a few bulbs that got missed when the flower bed that was under this tree was removed. I guess I should mark this spot and dig up the bulbs later and transplant them, so they won't get mowed when grass starts to grow here.


Here are a few of the shots that didn't get posted







 I have been getting some quilting done too, though during the weeks I was fighting that cold bug, I sure slowed down.
I am way behind on my pattern writing and still haven't completed the full May Blooms pattern, but it is coming and will include 2 block sizes and 3 quilt sizes for each. Don't forget I post all my patterns in my Craftsy Pattern Shop.

While we are on the subject of the One Block Wonders....how are you block(s) coming along? We are getting close to the end of the month and the link up party, which will go up this Friday May 27th and run until June 2nd. (remember you only have to sew one block to be able to link up and get in on this months prize!)


This month's sponsor is 
What Shade Are You......




and don't forget that Rita has generously offered the "WONDERS" code for 20% savings 


This is a close up of the appliquéd April showers...rhyme  I added to my quilt. I was so thrilled with the way this quilt came together and love how the Cotton Supreme Cottons looked in a gradient pattern....I gifted this beauty to my wonderful mother-in-law for Mother's Day this year. I was over to her house the other day and was thrilled to see it resting on her sofa in the living room!! It makes me so happy when a quilt is loved!!



 I also made two Scraptastic Baskets, large and small, a free pattern from the tutorial page of  Emmaline Bags.  It is such a simple pattern and what a fun shape


You may remember from a previous post, I made the Elephant Parade Quilt from SewFresh Quilts. Well I made the baskets to match, because my daughter loved the quilt so much she is going to use it for the theme for the babies room. (for those of you who are new here, my daughter is due in October, and I will be a Grandma for the first time!! I am so excited) The little elephant stuffy pictured here, is the first gift my husband (boy friend at the time) gave me....how sweet will it look up on a shelf in the new babies room...💗


And one last project....I've been making my Cross My Heart Quilt pattern again! This time using Garden Gate from P&B Textiles....and I have been gushing about it over on IG. I love this fabric, it makes me so happy....



I took my own pattern and put the blocks On Pointe! I love the new option! The original pattern does not give the directions for this, but I will either add a tutorial on my blog or add a revision to the pattern, in the coming weeks.




So now the only thing holding me up is what to use for the backing? I don't have anything in my stash that will work...and it's hard to choose a colour that will work online? Looks like I might have to take some of my scraps on a shopping trip!!!😇😃

Well that's all the new news for now! Have a great week and see you back here on Friday for the   One Block Wonders Link UP! 


1 comment:

  1. Sandy, I'm not sure if I said that I haven't done a block for this month, we have been "busy" with Hugh's health visits, another trip to hospital yesterday, a torn hamstring, so he is not very mobile, well really not mobile at all for some weeks the Dr said! I have seen some of the blocks on Facebook, and great fabric choices there. Enjoy your spring days, we have rain, lots, in burst of torrents, some wind, and down south a goodish fall of snow, a wonderful start for our ski season.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.