Monday, April 24, 2017

I'm an ADORNit Girl!!!

I shared awhile ago that I was chosen as one of ADORNit.com's "it girls" 
or ADORNitGirl Ambassadors

And I was beyond thrilled to be chosen, as I have always been a huge fan of their fabrics!!

Before I start gushing and sharing all the fun I've been having and will have for the next 3 months.....


Ok on with the gushing....
Let's start with the video I shared on IG of me receiving my box,
so you can see all the fun items I received to play with!!


I spent more time on all the surprises I received in my box, which I will share in another post later this week, but let me say this much....
I was also super surprised to find out just how much fun the Paintables are!!!!

But...
Fabric first, being as this is what I do and love....
Flamingo Fever....
The name is just fun and the fabrics....well, they are just beyond cute...with a colour palette
that is perfect!


The first thing I decided to do was design a new quilt block, of course.....
I'm calling it Star Promenade...


I'm loving it so much...that now I need to order more fabric,
 because this needs to become a full quilt of some size....it just makes me smile!!

And then with the scraps and bits I started making another block to become a pillow and to demo one way to use a panel block that may have been cut from the bolt without opening the panel.....


No Fabric wasted is my moto...
So I went to work on a pillow design with a pocket for the centre block!!


1. and 2.) show how I added a bit of fabric to the panel block that had a bit cut off, so that when I fold the block it would be the length I needed!
3.) fold and line up *I also added a some interfacing to each of the panel blocks 4.) Base two pieces of fabric together.


Then I just used what I had and started piecing blocks together....adding as I went to get it to the size I wanted. It was fun to just play around, without a real plan, and I love how it turned out!!


And don't you just love this flower border....
The print is rows of the flowers with a cute black line in between....


I added some simple stitch in the ditch quilting, and the top of the pillow was done!!



So onto the back...
and the back has to be just as cute....right?
It's like a quilt...if you make the back interesting too, you get a two for one, project!!!

So of course I used the extra HST I had from piecing the two blocks and used the bits I had leftover again.....


You can see in the picture below I didn't have enough of the yellow print to make the zipper flap, so again I just added some extra fabric, because this will be on the inside of the flap, you really won't notice!!



And just that easy...the pillow is done....
Ok it took a bit of time to do the custom piecing....but normally pillows are super fast, and
always cute!!! Such a great way to jazz up any space and with summer coming...why not your outdoor space!







And see...you only will see that little strip of cream when you unzip the pillow.....


Hope you enjoyed all that fabric eye candy as much as I did!!
I have more ideas coming for the remaining fabric and an order I need to send in to see if I can get my hands on some more of the Flamingo Fever.....

and later this week I will share all the fun I have been having with paints and watercolours....

Have a great week everyone!!
SaveSave

3 comments:

  1. congrats. what adorable fabrics. your pillow is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You came up with adorable use of the fabric! I'm looking forward to seeing your painted quilt block. I've not heard of Adoring - thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratualtions.The fabrics are gorgeous and also your pillow.Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.