Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Let's S.E.W. Link Up 1000 Quilts for Ronald McDonald House

I'm super excited to say that my small quilt is finished and on its way to a quilt guild that is part of
The Big Quilt Bee collection team!!
The last time I checked the Canadian Quilter's Association website the number of quilts had reached 400!!!
We are almost half way there!!!


After doing some more reading I realized that finishing one quilt was probably better then sending a stack of blocks, being as the amount of time at Quilt Canada is limited for piecing and quilting!! 


Have you gotten involved? How are your blocks or quilts coming along?
Here's your chance to share....
Link up your slab blocks or your quilt top or finished quilt for all of us to see...

I know it's hard to tell, but this is a retro print...little boy and girl playing with balloons, so sweet

and 
bonus
get entered into this months draw

2 lucky Let's S.E.W. linkers will receive a
$25.00 Gift Certificate

from 

and if you missed my post on February's link up.....I will be adding extra entries for my faithful few who linked up that month!!

I love it when I can use up the extra backing strips that are trimmed off after quilting! This binding (a lovely red wideback, from Fabric Please) is made with such lovely trimmed pieces from another quilt project!! 

One last thing before you link up....
There are some very fun and big events coming really soon....
So you may want to sign up for email post notifications, if you haven't, so that you don't miss out!!




My newest blog sponsor 

And I are teaming up with any amazing contest!
How big the prizes get......is totally up to all of you......
This is going to be fun!!!!
Stay tuned!!!!

Our Winner for the Month

Peggy S



8 comments:

  1. Lovely, bright and so pretty, This is such a worthwhile project, and I hope many more people participate, Even if some quilters worked together, it would make a huge difference to the donation numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone's blocks and/or quilt tops! At last check, I think we have reached just over 500 quilts so far and many more to come with all the blocks people are making.
    It makes me so proud to be Canadian when I see all the love y'all have put into this fundraiser. You have all made this world a little brighter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! A special addition to this charity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eddycrest Simple Sewing Storage System
    Ndonogh@gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eddycrest Simple Sewing Storage System
    Ndonogh@gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sew Naturally

    lforrest52@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Perfect Fit

    Loren Forrest
    lforrest52@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Platinum Crest

    LorenForrest
    lforrest52@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.